Live Your Princess Dream With The New Disney Wedding Collection - February 19, 2020
Why Chris Pratt Is ‘Just Dad’ to His 7-Year-Old Son Jack - February 19, 2020
Jax Taylor Goes Off on Tom Sandoval As ‘Pump Rules’ Pastor Drama Plays Out - February 19, 2020
Love Is Blind’s Giannina Screams at Damian: ‘Why Don’t You Seduce Me?’ - February 19, 2020
#LHHNY: The Fact That Cyn Santana And Tahiry Jose Are Bickering Over Joe Budden When He Cheated On Them Both Is A Problem - February 19, 2020
RHOA: NeNe Displayed Textbook Toxic Traits While Confronting Cynthia For Calling Her A “Toxic Friend” - February 19, 2020
“Boyz N The Hood” Actress Esther Scott Dead At 66 - February 19, 2020
The Season’s Must-Have Hydrating Lip Balms - February 18, 2020
Amber Valletta Joins British Vogue - February 18, 2020
Adele Set To Release New Album In September - February 18, 2020
10-Year-Old Girl Nearly Chokes To Death After Swallowing Part Of Popular Toy
A 10-year-old girl was nearly killed by a medical toy designed to help children after accidentally inhaling it, becoming lodged in her esophagus.
“On my way home from a fun swim meet,” wrote the child’s mother, Kelly Rose Joniec, on Facebook, “I heard Britton make an odd retching noise in the back seat as I was driving.”
“Looking back in the mirror,” she added, “I saw her face turning red and drool pouring from her mouth—she could utter noises but looked panicked so I immediately pulled over.”
“She pointed to her throat saying she’d swallowed something, so I attempted Heimlich but there was no resistance. She said she’d put part of her fidget spinner in her mouth to clean it and somehow swallowed it.”
Fidget spinners are recent toy/invention designed to aid children with ADHD. It allows them to channel their unsettled behavior into the focused tasks provided by the small toy.
However, some of the parts comprising the toy are small and can be detached, creating an obvious choking hazard.
Kelly immediately drove her daughter to the nearest hospital, where x-rays revealed the terrifying location of the toy:
Britton immediately underwent surgery and luckily survived the ordeal.
“Kids of all ages may be getting them, but not all spinners come with age-appropriate warnings,” warned Kelly, “The bushings pop out easily, so if you have young kids (under 8 yr old) keep in mind that these present a potential choking hazard.”
Exclusive Newsletter, Video, Deals, Content And Video Updates