Photo: Self-Portrait Spring 2017 (Vogue Runway)
For fashionistas who are wondering how to dress for the approaching balmy temperatures, a beautiful top can instantly make a world of difference. Whether you want to polish off your professional wardrobe or slip into something stylish for the evening hours, the season’s blouses can leaving you looking chic. With all manner of ruffles and floral accents currently making a splash for spring, bright tones and feminine details are de rigueur. We’ve curated our roundup of five affordable and elegant shirts blouses to wear now.
1) Cable Gauge Keyhole Pleated Blouse, $50: Along with bringing the attention to the shoulders, Spring 2017’s runway trends also feature the choker neckline. This short-sleeved black chiffon blouse is detailed with a white chiffon pleated hem, for a contrasting effect.
2) Halogen Cotton Lace Ruffle Hem Tank, $51: If you want to evoke simplicity and romance this season, consider this sleeveless ivory top. The crochet lace and subtle peplum help to create a structured yet airy design for the warmer months of the year.
3) ASOS Tea Blouse With Embroidery, $74: Staying true to spring’s florals, this off-white blouse makes a splash with its delicate pink embroidered blossoms. The high collar, subtle keyhole neckline and slight pleats help to pull the style together.
4) Gibson Cold Shoulder Top, $85: With cold shoulder styles enjoying a moment in the sun, your toned upper arms can also embrace the spotlight. This vivid orange red blouse features loosely tied sleeves, cut-out shoulders and a loose hem.
5) Diesel Ruffled Blouse, $224: We are loving the gorgeous mauve colour of this short-sleeved top, which features a peplum hem and dainty ruffled sleeves. Whether you decide to step out in skinny trousers, denim or a skirt, this ladylike pale purple number can complete your look.