Photo: Valentino Spring 2017 (Vogue Runway)
With the springtime sunshine streaming in through the windows, fashionistas everywhere will soon have a reason to slip into their favourite frocks. Whether you’re on your way to a gala or are simply enjoying the weekend, the perfect spring dress can complete your look of the day. This season, stylesetters can choose from a variety of peachy tones, flowery prints and pretty ruffled numbers. As we get ready for sunny days ahead, we have curated five budget-friendly Spring 2017 frocks to bring your wardrobe to life.
1) Lori Michaels Sleeveless Floral Scuba Dress, $64: If you find yourself needing a playful yet professional look for a work function, this sheath dress could be your new must-have. The modest neckline and hemline make it appropriate for business, while the colourful floral print against solid navy blue offers a striking effect.
2) Le Château Chambray Off-the-Shoulder Dress, $100: Along with the bold patterns and prints of the season, timeless chambray and denim dresses are just as popular. This off-shoulder piece is accented with a flared cut and matching sash belt, for a fashionable finish.
3) Charles Henry Off the Shoulder Dress, $125: Spring is the perfect time to embrace sweet shades of coral, and this fluttery dress is certainly no exception. With its off-the-shoulder neckline, oversized ruffles and above-the-knee hemline, this piece can be styled for either a casual Saturday or a night on the town.
4) AQUA Lace Sleeveless Tiered Dress, $140: This girlish sleeveless dress is detailed with a series of tiers and crochet lace. We are liking the pinkish mauve tone, which flatters Spring 2017’s colour palette of innocent and understated pastels.
5) Eliza J Belted Chiffon Maxi Dress, $225: For an evening sartorial statement, we are liking this dramatic yet dignified creation by Eliza J. The pale pink colour contrasts against the oversized black and white blossoms, which help to create a garden inspired aesthetic. Meanwhile, the halter neckline, waist-cinching thin gold belt and flowing hem all enhance the design.