Photo: Fendi Fall 2016 (Vogue Runway)
With the baguette bag reigning supreme for autumn, the season’s purses have officially downsized from large totes. On the Fall 2016 runways at Fendi, Burberry and Christian Dior, baguette-shaped handbags caused a sensation. If you’re ready to swap your heavy carryall for a more compact solution, we’ve curated five stylish baguette bags to pick up now.
1) Cristinaeffe Handbag, $41: With its brilliant turquoise colour and contrasting gold hardware, this faux leather handbag is sure to steal the spotlight. Meanwhile, the textured fabric and chain strap bring a slight edge to the style.
2) Chiara P Handbag, $45: For a more formal take on the baguette trend, try picking up this satin purse. The soft silver hue, dainty pleats and rhinestone accents all help to bring an otherwise classic evening bag to life.
3) Giuseppe Zanotti Design Handbag, $145: We are liking the pale power blue colour of this tiny handbag, which is made of leather and raffia. The tiny bow accent and skinny adjustable strap help to wrap up the design.
4) Fontanelli Black Leather Baguette Bag, $298: With its sleek black leather texture, this Fontanelli baguette handbag can easily complement your look for either night or day. The Italian-made purse features a thin silver chain, and can also be embraced as a clutch for the after hours.
5) Just Cavalli Handbag, $319: This leather Just Cavalli handbag makes a splash with its vibrant red hue and rebellious crocodile print. Whether you’re sporting distressed denim or a little black dress, this surprisingly versatile baguette handbag just may fit the bill.