With autumn on the horizon, the season’s key lipstick tones have officially shifted from sweet pinks to neutrals and darker hues. Whether you’re craving a dose of vampy red or simply coveting a beautiful beige, we’ve curated our roundup of new Fall 2016 lipstick shades. As you restock your beauty bag, here are five must-haves to add to your lip colour collection now.
1) Make Up For Ever Artist Rouge Lipstick in Hot Red by Icona Pop, $27: Make Up For Ever’s new and improved lipstick states that it contains 25 percent more pigment than the original. This creamy lip colour claims to boast a hydrating formula and a bullet-shaped tip for an easy application. This limited edition Hot Red shade was created in collaboration with Swedish electropop duo Icona Pop, and makes a statement with its vibrant hue.
2) Pat McGrath Labs Lust 004 Lipstick in Venom 2, $30: The iconic British celebrity makeup artist recently released her new lip collection on September 8. Her matte lipstick is said to provide velvet-like colour with rich pigmentation, and comes packaged into a sequin-adorned package. This particular deep burgundy shade just may help you transition away from girlish pastels, and into an autumnal beauty colour palette.
3) Stila ‘Stay All Day’ MATTE’ificent’ Lipstick in Soirée, $30: Stila’s creamy matte lipstick claims to be boosted with moisturizing argan oil, castor oil and vitamin E. The colour claims to last all day, stay in place and offer a lightweight texture. Meanwhile, this punchy fuchsia Soirée shade is a happy medium between the season’s reds and muted neutrals.
4) Shiseido Rouge Rouge Lipstick in Poppy, $32: Shiseido’s latest Rouge Rouge line states that it is created with the beauty brand’s Vibrant Red Color Technology, which claims to deliver pigment. The lipstick also includes the ingredients Hyaluronic Acid Complex and S Hydro-Wrap Vitalizing DE EX, which are said to moisturize. Meanwhile, the fit and bond powder in the lipstick claims to prevent lip colour from fading. This particular Poppy Red hue can instantly brighten your pout, and also fits into the season’s trend of bold red beauty.
5) Tom Ford ‘Runway’ Lip Contour Duo AW 16, $71: If you prefer subtle and soft colour, Tom Ford’s new catwalk inspired shade may be your lipstick solution. This Lip Contour Duo consists of a lip pencil and lipstick, which claim to work together to shape and enhance your pout.