Photo: Tibi Spring 2017 (Vogue Runway)
With the season of April showers upon us, Canadians can finally bid adieu to heavy duty parkas and fur-lined winter boots. Instead, the weeks ahead are sure to involve rain, wind and the occasional balmy morning. From a fashionable umbrella to the perfect pair of Wellingtons, we have compiled a few versatile essentials to help you survive the month in style.
1) Endless Rose Ruffle Off Shoulder Top, $60: As the weather begins to warm slightly, bare your shoulders in Spring 2017’s off-the-shoulder blouse. This pale blue poplin number is detailed with ruffled three-quarter sleeves and a girlish cropped cut.
2) Vero Moda Abby Button Front Trench Coat, $67: There’s nothing quite like a neutral trench coat to help you combat the April drizzle in true fashionistas form. We are liking this classic khaki-coloured trench by Vero Moda, which features a waist-cinching belt. Meanwhile, the contrasting dark buttons offer a chic, elegant finish.
3) Kate Spade New York Travel Umbrella, $67: To offset the subtle hue of your springtime topper, look no further than a flowery umbrella. This brolly by Kate Spade New York makes a splash with its rainbow watercolour tones and delicate floral pattern.
4) Papermoon Red Pleated Skirt, $81: With accordion pleats reigning supreme this season, a pleated mid-length skirt in a lightweight fabric is a must-have. The crimson shade, delicate pleats and black waistband on this skirt complete the design.
5) Hunter Women’s Original Tall Synthetic Boots, $182: Although the rain boots of the past may have been restricted to dark hues, playful brights can easily update your classic footwear for the season. These tall Wellies by Hunter steal the spotlight with their punchy cherry pink colour. As a contrasting effect against the trench coat, vibrant boots just might leave you stylishly splashing through puddles.