Photo: Michael Kors Spring 2017 (Vogue Runway)
With March coming in like a lion and (hopefully) going out like a lamb, fashionistas will no doubt be curating the perfect wardrobe for a month of diverse temperatures. Whether your month involves busy days at work or relaxed weekends of shopping and cocktails, look no further than these sartorial essentials. We’ve curated our favourite fashion picks to help you survive the weeks ahead in style.
1) Splendid Lace-Up Top, $121: With lace-detailed blouses rapidly gaining popularity on the runways and sidewalks, try incorporating this trend into your own wardrobe. We are liking the garnet red tone of this fitted top, along with the dainty laces for a hint of visual interest.
2) Franco Ferrari Evans Wash Paisley Wool Cashmere Scarf, $185: The impending arrival of spring calls for punchy prints which can easily revitalize a perfectly neutral outfit. This wool and cashmere blend scarf features a multicoloured paisley print that can usher in the season ahead.
3) Lauren Ralph Lauren Self-Tie Denim Shirtdress, $201: For a casual yet perfectly chic look on the weekend, a denim shirtdress can easily bring your Saturday wardrobe to life. This tailored piece features a waist-cinching belt which can create a feminine silhouette, along with a sharp collar.
4) GUESS Double Breasted Bouclé Cutaway Coat, $205: While you may still need a layer to shield yourself from the brisk temperatures, a pop of colour can instantly rejuvenate your wardrobe. If you’re tired of staying bundling up in a heavy parka, try slipping into this double-breasted pastel pink coat. The soft colour is ideal for early spring, while the metallic gold buttons complete the design.
5) Michel Vivien ‘Karluz’ Ankle Boots, $559: Although it may be early to slip into your favourite espadrilles, you can certainly achieve elegance and comfort with a pair of edgy black ankle boots. We are liking these suede and leather boots, which make a splash with their high heels and contrasting gold metallic buckles.