Photo: Les Copains Fall 2016/Winter 2017 (Vogue Runway)
With February 2017 officially here, the season of love is around the corner. Even if you’re not feeling the romantic vibes of Valentine’s Day, you can always embrace the season’s aesthetic of deep and punchy reds. As well, the howling winds of the great outdoors also mean that winter outerwear isn’t going anywhere, at least not anytime soon. Whether your wardrobe needs a dose of femininity or practical warmth, here are our favourite staples to help you get through the shortest and coldest month of the year.
1) Kate Spade New York Faux Fur Cuff Woodland Critters Wool Mittens, $28: With their brilliant scarlet shade, these woolly mitts can bring a contrasting effect to a dark-coloured coat. The fluffy faux fur trim wraps up the style, for a chic and cozy look.
2) JChronicles Statement Necklace, $79: For a pop of bling, add a fierce statement necklace to your cold weather ensemble. We are liking this bold neckpiece, which features a funky gold chain and an array of sparkly baubles.
3) MIA Emelia Thigh High Boot, $112: If you’re looking to showcase your endless stems, the season’s over-the-knee boots just may be your solution. These mocha sueded boots make the ultimate statement with their chunky heels and light brown hue.
4) Guild Prime Cable Knit Turtleneck, $167: Whether you’re simply grabbing hot chocolate with a friend or escaping to your favourite ski resort, there’s nothing quite like a cable knit sweater. This grey turtleneck number is sure to flatter everything from dark wash denim to a fitted midi skirt.
5) Vince Camuto Ruffled Crepe Flounce Hem Dress, $207: We are loving the poppy red tone of this ruffled crepe frock, which can instantly brighten up a staid and dreary wintertime wardrobe. Meanwhile, the girlish flounces, high neckline and sleeveless cut help to complete the entire design.