Photo: Alexander Wang Fall 2016 (Vogue Runway)
With chunky chain necklaces causing a storm on the season’s catwalks, it’s no surprise that jewellery looks for the season ahead are bold and oversized. Metallic chains are the hottest accessory trend of the season, and fit perfectly into Fall 2016’s gothic and punk rock inspired aesthetic. If you’re wondering how to adopt this catwalk trend, we’ve compiled five gorgeous and affordable chain necklaces to wear now.
1) Le Château Chain Choker Necklace, $30: This gleaming silver choker can easily add polish to your favourite little black dress or neutral knit sweater. The multiple rows of chains offer an intricate effect, while the dangling silver balls complete the look.
2) Glam Squad Shop Heart Statement Necklace, $41: For those who adore whimsical accents, try shining bright with this embellished piece. The thick gold hardware chain is juxtaposed against a rhinestone-studded heart pendant, for a mixture of ladylike style and rock and roll rebel.
3) Fashion Bella Bead-Chain Necklace, $48: We are loving the vivid green beads on this statement necklace, along with the tiny crystal accents which bring the piece to life. Meanwhile, the fierce green and silver chains help to create an elaborate, eye-catching neckpiece.
4) Rings Things Red Chain Necklace, $65: The look of brilliant scarlet stones illuminates this trendy piece, which features a series of layered golden chains. Whether you’re sporting a solid silk blouse or a slip dress, the eye-catching baubles definitely add a chic finish.
5) R.J. Graziano Hammered Disc and Chain Necklace, $99: If you’re a glamour girl, a shining gold necklace just may suit your tastes. This design by R.J. Graziano makes a splash with its long, thin goldtone chains and golden discs.