Photo: tastethesix on Instagram
In a city with nightlife as vibrant as Toronto, it’s not surprising that there are a wide variety of restaurants that serve food until the early hours of the morning. From comfort food to traditional Italian fare, this city truly has it all. Whether you’re craving ethnic cuisine or pub fare, we’ve rounded up our top five local spots for those seeking a late night bite in the 6ix.
1) Taste of China Seafood Restaurant: Though you might not guess it from the outside, Taste of China is a beloved Chinatown staple known for delicious food at a reasonable price. Open until 4 a.m., you can expect tables to be packed at all hours with people trickling over from the Kensington Market bars.
2) Messini: Messini is a Greektown classic, which is said to serve some of the best Greek food on the Danforth. They’re known for their famous gyro, a traditional Greek pita sandwich filled with meat, vegetables, tzatziki and French fries. Messini is open until 4 a.m. on weekends, which makes it a suitable choice for filling late night eats for the party crowd.
3) Thompson Diner: With a menu of fan favourites like mac-n-cheese and all-day-breakfast, it’s no surprise that this 24-hour upscale diner is a popular after hours spot. Located within the Thompson Hotel, the Thompson Diner is a great place to grab a bit after a classy night out on King West.
Photo: rossesque on Instagram
4) 7 West: This cozy Yorkville spot is perfect for an intimate after-hours drink or dinner with a group of close friends. Open 24/7, the Italian restaurant serves the traditional pizza and pasta, along with all-day breakfast options. For diners who want more than typical late night pub fare of burgers and wings, this is a great option.
5) 416 Snack Bar: One of the newer spots on our list, 416 Snack Bar has quickly become a trendy Queen West hotspot. All of the dishes on the menu are bite sized, and each item is inspired by a different part of the city. Diners can dig into a Little Portugal custard tart or Chinatown spring roll, and enjoy tempting eats until closing time at 2 a.m.