Photo: Christian Dior Fall 2016 (Vogue Runway)
As the mornings begin to turn chilly, fashionistas will soon be swapping their airy blouses for versatile toppers which can bridge the gap between the seasons. Although it may not be time to slip into that luxurious wool coat just yet, a flawless capelet offers the best of both worlds. On the season’s runways, cropped cape toppers were spotted in a variety of textures and hues. If you’re looking to embrace this look now, we’ve curated five gorgeous capelets to help you effortlessly layer this season.
1) Asilio The Split Milk Capelet, $55: We are liking the striking ivory hue and open collar design of this pristine capelet. The refreshing white colour is sure to stand out over a printed frock, while the lightweight style is an ideal fit for early autumn.
2) ASOS Occasion Cape, $96: For the evening hours, try slipping into a glittery creation like this dainty embellished cape. The floaty sleeves, elaborate silvery accents and vaguely vintage aesthetic just may transport you to a more elegant time.
3) BCBGMAXAZRIA Richie Cropped Faux Leather Cape, $409: If you’re looking for a change from the classic leather bomber jacket, try slipping into a sleek leathery cape instead. This faux leather piece offers a rebellious touch, with its three-quarter length bell sleeves, cropped length and edgy metallic zippers.
4) Junya Watanabe Cropped Honeycomb-Pleated Melton Wool-Blend Cape, $613: We’re coveting the structured, intricate detail of this wool-blend capelet by designer Junya Watanabe. The funky and avant garde honeycomb pleats bring the design to an entirely new level, while the short puffed sleeves turn up the glamour factor.
5) McQ Alexander McQueen Cropped Cape, $956: For those who prefer vivid hues, this ladylike pink cape just may suit your sartorial tastes. The brilliant colour is sure to seize attention, while the sharp collar and adorable button complete the look.