Photo: Marchesa Fall 2016/Winter 2017 (Vogue Runway)
With Valentine’s Day on the horizon, shades of feminine pink and sultry red will officially make a splash in the wardrobes of fashionistas everywhere. Whether your plans for the evening involve a romantic dinner or a single girls’ night out, the perfect frock will help to complete the occasion. We’ve curated five gorgeous dresses to light up your February 14th style, and leave you looking like the belle of the ball.
1) Cece Brea Floral Lace Tiered Dress, $100: We are loving the vibrant scarlet hue of this Cece frock, which can easily bring a vampy touch to your Valentine’s Day fashion. Meanwhile, the intricate lace, flouncy tiers and delicate high collar complete the look of this fashionable yet flirty frock.
2) Lulus Surplice Chiffon Gown, $135: For an evening sartorial statement which channels a fairytale princess, look no further than this airy pale pink gown. The chiffon fabric, spaghetti straps and flowing hem also capture the romantic nature of Valentine’s Day.
3) Felicity Coco Back Cutout Fit Flare Dress, $164: With its modest V-neckline and flared skirt, this little red dress is certainly a change from your classic LBD. The cut-out accents on the back, along with the cinched-in waist, create a structured and stylish effect.
4) Vince Camuto Women’s Sleeveless Fit-and-Flare Dress, $166: For the minimalist who is craving an elegant, no-nonsense look, this Vince Camuto frock is fitting. The punchy magenta colour brings a fun and playful effect to the round neckline, knee-length hemline and sharp pleats.
5) Tahari Mikado Floral Print Fit-And-Flare Dress, $187: While solid crimson and blush shades may be infiltrating Valentine’s Day outfits everywhere, floral prints look equally ladylike. This refined sleeveless frock features a basic black bodice, contrasted against a pleated skirt with a splashy watercolour print.