Photo: Rodarte Fall 2016 (Vogue Runway)
With the festive season officially upon us, wardrobe colour palettes have now shifted from dull neutrals to glittery gold and luminous silver. Whether you’re hitting the holiday party circuit or attending family functions, there’s an appropriate holiday frock to suit every occasion. From luxurious and ladylike lace to stunning embellishment, we’ve curated a roundup of our favourite holiday dresses to sport now.
1) Pretty Little Things High Lace Dress, $150: Romantics at heart will feel perfectly at home in the season’s dainty eyelash lace, which promises to impart femininity. This high-collared lace number features a flared, swinging skirt and a sheer bodice. Meanwhile, the brilliant ruby colour is a winning fit for the holiday season.
2) Tadashi Shoji Corded Lace Tulle Sheath Dress, $236: We are loving the soft golden shades of this Tadashi Shoji sheath dress. Unlike the glittering ornaments on the Christmas tree, the light gold hue of this tulle number is an understated approach to holiday dressing. The V-neckline, textured lace and embroidery accents create a gorgeous effect.
3) Vince Camuto Embellished Fit Flare Dress, $252: For the office Christmas party, this flared Vince Camuto dress certainly makes a bold impression. The high embellished collar captures the spirit of the season, while sparkling silver detail and cap sleeves complete the look.
4) Dress the Population ‘Tabitha’ Sequin Stripe Mesh Minidress, $276: Although vibrant reds and punchy greens may be a more literal interpretation of the season’s colour palette, warm burgundy shades are just as stylish. With its deep berry and black stripes, this sequined minidress is sultry yet chic. The fitted style, nipped-in waistline and low back wrap up the design.
5) Betsy Adam Self-Tie Metallic Lace Dress, $279: If you want to sparkle just like the holiday décor, this flared sleeveless frock with its illusion neckline just may suit your sartorial tastes. The embellished ribbon belt, shimmering lace and softly falling hem will leave you looking like the belle of the ball.