If you’re escaping to the cottage with your loved ones this season, chances are that you’ve already packed groceries, plenty of beer and all your outdoor essentials for a true Canadian adventure. However, sartorial choices are often left to the last moment, particularly when the wilderness and intrigue of a summertime in the True North calls. Whether you’re heading to cottage country for a family reunion or simply partying with friends, comfort and athleisure inspired elements are key. We’ve curated a few cottage friendly wardrobe staples to leave you looking stylish but feeling relaxed at the cottage.
1) Dream On Peplum Sweatshirt by Tea Cake, $35: With its pale pink hue and delicate peplum hem, this surprisingly feminine top is a fashionable spin on the classic sweatshirt. Meanwhile, the embroidered Dream On slogan adds some visual interest to an otherwise plain topper. Try pairing this playful piece with dark skinny denim, or perhaps sporty black leggings for a model off duty vibe.
2) Free People FP Movement Cloud Nine Sweatpants, $66: If sweatpants instantly bring a frumpy image to mind, you may have to consider a fitted pair instead. These figure-flattering black sweats feature a tie waist, and can easily replace your yoga leggings for a cottage weekend.
3) Comme Des Garçons Girl Collar Print T-Shirt, $105: While you’re not required to walk around in gym attire at the cottage, you definitely want to leave your sheath dresses for the office at home. Instead, find a happy medium with a chic patterned designer tee. We are liking this black and white Comme Des Garçons T-shirt with its whimsical contrasting collar print.
4) Levi’s: Made Crafted ‘Empire’ Skinny Jeans, $196: Once you’re ready to slip into your denim, try changing into your versatile skinny denim. From enjoying lunch on the deck to sipping brews, these medium wash jeans can work with everything from strappy tanks to loose tees.
5) Woman by Common Projects Pink Canvas Tournament Four Hole Sneakers $228: As athleisure continues to enjoy its moment, canvas sneakers are both a practical and trending choice for your cottage escape. These blush-coloured kicks feature thick white soles, and can perfectly flatter your cozy peplum sweatshirt.