If you’re walking across the stage this spring to collect a degree or diploma, chances are that you’re donning a cap and gown. After all, even the most seasoned fashionistas will have to forfeit their individualism for the ubiquitous uniform of the fresh grad. While you may be sporting the graduation gown over, you can always shine when the cameras come out, and the ceremony draws to a grand finale. As June looms and your future lies ahead, we’ve compiled a few graduation-worthy dresses which can certainly be worn again and again for any future special occasions.
1) Miss Selfridge Lace Yoke Shift Dress, $106: Since a woman can never have too many little black dresses, you may want to update your everyday LBD with a touch of lace instead. This cap-sleeved number features a cutesy Peter Pan collar, with a sheer lace yoke for a chic effect.
2) BB Dakota ‘Rhianna’ Illusion Yoke Lace Fit Flare Dress, $138: With its pale pink hue and lacy detail, this flared frock is a winning fit for your Spring 2017 wardrobe. Meanwhile, the tiny cap sleeves and sheer yoke transform this trendy dress into a feminine and ethereal creation.
3) Betsey Johnson Floral-Print Scuba Midi Sheath Dress, $195: If you’re jumping straight from the classroom to the workforce, a sheath dress will come in useful for any number of upcoming business events. This scuba sheath is complete with a splashy floral print in a variety of pink and blue tones.
4) Donna Morgan Bell Sleeve Sheath Dress, $201: For those who aren’t fans of brilliant and busy prints, this solid magenta dress may be your sartorial solution. The high neckline and ladylike bell sleeves are suitable for a conservative occasion like grad, while the punchy colour is still youthful and fun.
5) Eliza J Stripe Fit Flare Dress, $222: You may be in a crowded auditorium as opposed to on a boat, but navy blue and white stripes can easily transform you into a stylish graduate. This mid-length number is detailed with horizontal and diagonal stripes, while the halter neckline and camel-coloured belt complete the overall look.