The exfoliating and moisturizing of skin is a must all year. It’s easy however, to neglect your lips. If you’re looking for a pretty pout this season, check out some of our favourite lip enhancing tips below.
Exfoliate Your Lips: It’s important to prep lips for the new season. Exfoliating your lips helps improve the overall look and feel of lips. Easy ways to exfoliate include gently brushing your lips with a toothbrush or using a scrub to buff away flakes. Don’t forget to use a moisturizing lip balm afterwards.
Line Lips Easily: Take your time applying lip liner and before starting, try warming the tip with your finger for a few seconds before applying (this helps soften the pencil and make for slightly easier application).
Makeup artist and expert Susan Posnick previously shared tips with us for enhancing your pout. Check out some of her tips below.
How can women choose the right shade of red lipstick for their skin tone?
• If your undertone is yellow or golden, stay with reds that are warm toned with a yellow base. Think true red colour.
• If your undertone is pink- which also often means fair skin, stay with reds that have a blue base to them- think cherry red.
• For darker skin tones, think brown- reds, like scarlet or garnet.
How do you get your lipstick to stay on longer?
• Apply powder to your lips before applying your lipstick.
• After applying one coat of colour, blot with a tissue and then apply a second.
• Use a lip liner pencil on the whole lip first, then apply your lipstick over top.
How can I make my lips appear larger?
• Lighten the center of your lips with your highlighter before applying your lip colour.
• Use a lighter colour lipstick through the center of the mouth.
• Do not line your lips in the center 1/3 of the bottom lip, it will make the bottom lip look fuller.
• Use lip gloss over your lipstick in the center of your mouth rather than on the entire lip.