Share

Mom Shares Warning After Popular Bath Toy Leaves Her Child With SERIOUS CHEMICAL BURNS

Jennifer Renee—a mother from Baton Rouge, Louisiana—has come out to warn other parents of the potential dangers of a popular children’s bath bomb brand.

The product known as “Hatchimals” is a highly sought-after robotic toy developed by a Canadian company called Spin Master, that has a range of different products—including bath bombs.

In a now-viral post that has over 130k shares on Facebook, Jennifer puts out a PSA to families to think twice before using this toy, saying “Do NOT buy this for your children!”. (scroll down to see the full Facebook post)

Check My Toxins Now

Ms. Renee’s daughter, Willow, had been submerged in the bath water for no longer than 30-40 seconds when her skin suddenly became inflamed.

She said, “After being in the water 30-45 seconds she stated her skin was hurting, upon looking she has received a chemical burn from a KIDS BATH BOMB.”

Willow’s injuries were later diagnosed as a “chemical burn” and NOT an allergy.

Jennifer continued to explain:

She has had these before and all different brands. I called the company and the batch number being investigated and is likely going to be recalled as numerous reports have been made (not all the burning reaction she got).

“It is so easy for a person working in a factory to overdo the ingredients in a batch and just ignore it. 

“Went to the doctor this morning and it was in fact a chemical burn not a reaction. I am posting this just in hopes people will monitor closely. Everyone loves bath bombs. Lesson learned. All natural ones from now on.”

Luckily the viral post has caught the attention of the toy developers, who say they are aware of the Facebook post and are working to resolve the problem.

A spokesperson for Spin Master stated:

We are saddened to learn about a young girl’s injuries. That said, it would be premature to comment further on the situation until we learn more.

“We are working closely with the product’s licensed manufacturer and distributor to determine whether there are any product issues.”

Jennifer later updated her Facebook post and said the following:

“!!!!UPDATE!!!!
“She has had these before and all different brands. I called the company and the batch number being investigated and is likely going to be recalled as numerous reports have been made (not all the burning reaction she got).

“It is so easy for a person working in a factory to overdo the ingredients in a batch and just ignore it. Went to the doctor this morning and it was in fact a chemical burn not a reaction.

“I am posting this just in hopes people will monitor closely. Everyone loves bath bombs. Lesson learned. All natural ones from now on.”

Sources: Facebook Daily Mail