Photo: Michael Kors Spring 2017 (Vogue Runway)
Although fashionistas everywhere may be slipping into flirty frocks and swinging skirts, fickle springtime temperatures still call for flattering outerwear. Whether your personal style is classic and feminine or sassy and rebellious, the perfect Spring 2017 jacket can complete your wardrobe. From pairing a leather jacket with distressed denim to slipping into a pastel-coloured trench, we’ve curated five fashionable toppers to wear this season.
1) Silver Jeans Joga Denim Jacket, $126: The resurgence of denim for Spring 2017 is undeniable, as the casual jean jacket makes a statement everywhere from the runways to the streets. Even if you’re not a model off duty, you can always sport a denim topper on the weekends. This Silver Jeans number features a faded indigo blue wash and a figure-flattering fit.
2) Badgley Mischka Faux Leather Trim Long Trench Coat, $171: We are liking the soft blush colour of this faux leather coat, which is a suitable sartorial choice for the girly girl. Meanwhile, the oversized collar, three-quarter length and sash belt help to create a defined silhouette.
3) LORD TAYLOR Leather Moto Jacket, $194: Along with the more colourful options of the season, timeless black leather can be styled with everything from a sheath dress to a barely there silky top. Whether you are heading to the office or a party, layering with leather is the way to go. This moto jacket is detailed with asymmetrical zippers and can easily bring an edge to your outfit of the day.
4) Katherine Barclay Convertible Spring Trench, $199: For the fashion girl with an unpredictable schedule, a reversible trench coat may solve your sartorial woes. This coral raincoat features a flared hem, waist-cinching tie belt and a practical hood.
5) BLANKNYC Morning Suede Moto Jacket, $268: Much like the bright skies of springtime, the colour of this fitted suede jacket certainly fits the season. The biker chic design, metallic silver detail and accessorizing belt just may let you channel your inner rebel.