Photo: Emilio Pucci Fall 2016 (Vogue Runway)
For fashionistas who are aiming to showcase their endless stems this fall, the classic schoolgirl skirt has been revamped with dainty pleats, vibrant hues and eye-catching patterns. As we step into autumn, try swapping your straight-legged trousers for a perfectly feminine pleated skirt. We’ve curated five stylish options, which can easily be sported for both work and play this season.
1) Emporio Armani Pleated Skirt, $242: The pale pink colour of this Emporio Armani skirt imparts girlish charm, while the box pleats help to bring structure into the look. Try pairing this blush-hued number with a crisp white button down during the day, or incorporating a crop top for the evening hours.
2) Love Moschino Box Pleat Skirt, $334: For anyone who prefers understated simplicity, this Love Moschino piece may be a winning fit. The basic black colour makes it a neutral skirt that can easily be accessorized, while the shorter length and bold pleats are a trendy touch.
3) Ted Baker London ‘Hoona’ Burnout Stripe Pleated Skirt, $423: The upcoming arrival of fall doesn’t mean that it’s time to part ways with your beloved florals. Ted Baker London’s approach to the trend includes chic box pleats and pretty garden prints. This skirt makes a statement with its wide neutral stripes, pastel blooms and ladylike style.
4) DressCamp Lace Appliqué Pleated Skirt, $442: We are loving the vibrant turquoise shade of this luxurious skirt. Meanwhile, the elegant lace overlay adds a fairy tale effect that truly turns up the glamour factor.
5) Nordstrom Signature and Caroline Issa Print Stretch Silk Pleated Midi Skirt, $603: Try experimenting with patterns by slipping on this pleated silk midi number, which features a vivid burgundy print. The striking gingham pattern adds visual interest, while the warm colour scheme and longer length fit effortlessly into fall trends.