If you’re planning a spring getaway this season, there’s nothing quite like the perfect beach ensemble for your much-needed vacation to a sun destination. Whether you are escaping the city limits (and working life) with your closest girlfriends, family or significant other, mastering off-duty casual attire is absolutely key. From a decorative tote to carry your pool essentials to a trendy swimsuit, we’ve compiled a few spring break fashion essentials.
1) ASOS South Beach Pink Pom Pom Beach Bag, $51: We are liking the look of this practical and affordable straw tote, which is detailed with a bunch of vibrant pom-poms. After all, a casual carryall is better suited to a beach holiday than your favourite leather satchel, which is probably better left at home! The woven handles, neutral colour and pink, orange and red poms complete this design.
2) Socialite Lace Overlay Romper, $106: As your day at the beach transforms into an evening at the resort bar or the local nightclub, you’ll need to update your look. However, this dramatic lacy one-piece can easily be dressed down, or accessorized for a night out. The floor-length sheer skirt, pale pink colour and delicate flowing lace offer a feminine feel.
3) Castañer Classic Wedge Espadrilles, $318: From strutting poolside to heading to dinner, a pair of wedges is essential for just about any beach vacation. These espadrilles feature glittery silver toes and neutral beige laces for a versatile yet chic vibe.
4) Proenza Schouler Cutout One-Piece Swimsuit, $95: Although bikinis have been dominating the beachwear scene for the past several years, it was one-pieces which made a return last year and are now back for resort season. This magenta swimsuit is accented with bold cut-out sections, a metallic ring around the midsection area and a scoop neck.
5) Roberto Cavalli Leopard Tortoise-Look Cat-Eye Sunglasses, $415: Last but not least, we can’t forget shades to block out the sun’s harmful UV rays and leave you looking stylish. These sunglasses by Roberto Cavalli make a statement with their leopard print frames, cat eye shape and metallic arms.