Photo: cosmoandfries on Instagram
Although denim skirts may have enjoyed their heyday in the mid-2000s, this high school staple has officially returned for Summer 2017. Bedecked with embroidery and often redesigned with contemporary cuts, jean minis can be spotted on the sidewalks everywhere this season. For 2017, fashionistas are pairing their denim skirts with ruffled blouses and off-the-shoulder shirts, and leaving the classic jean skirt and polo combination back in 2005! If you’re wondering how to embrace the trend now, we’ve curated a few options to add to your wardrobe this summer.
1) Forever 21 Contemporary Floral Denim Skirt, $25: The slightly flared hemline of this skirt enhances the silhouette, while the embroidered flowers are also right on trend for the summer months. Meanwhile, the light wash keeps the overall aesthetic looking casual yet perfectly chic.
2) Asos Denim Button Front Mini Skater Skirt In Mid Wash Blue, $35: With its high-rise cut, light blue colour and flared design, this denim skirt is ideal for a low key Saturday ensemble. Try pairing this piece with a crop top, or a strappy silk camisole for an evening outfit.
3) Daisy Street Embroidered Denim Skirt, $49: For anyone looking for a more colourful take on warm weather denim, try stepping out in a flowery embroidered mini. We are liking the bright red blooms on this dark wash skirt, along with the indigo wash and the preppy front buttons.
4) Current/Elliott The Skater Denim Mini Skirt, $85: If you prefer sleek simplicity, this denim mini may be your sartorial solution. The flirty skater style lends a playful and youthful feel to a classic piece.
5) Fidelity Denim Skirt, $198: Although short denim skirts are certainly a popular choice, mid-length or knee-length skirts are just as versatile. The whiskered accents, faded wash and gold buttons on this skirt complete the look, and offer a funky, retro feel.