If you’ve already RSVP’d as attending for any summer weddings this season, the official hunt for a suitable frock has likely begun. Whether the wedding in question is an elaborate celebration or a simple backyard reception, the key is to dress well without appearing overly flashy. As florals and sweet blush hues dominate the season’s trends, it’s also a perfect opportunity to rock a feminine frock. We’ve curated five affordable wedding guest dresses, which can easily be worn for other occasions throughout the summertime.
1) GABBY SKYE Lace Fit-And-Flare Dress, $83: If you’re captivated by the season’s pastels, this sky blue dress just may be your sartorial solution. The high illusion neckline and lace are ladylike, and can easily be accessorized with a metallic clutch and pointed toe pumps.
2) INC International Concepts Floral-Print Maxi Dress, $133: Although maxi dresses are often associated with casual afternoons on the beach, this summertime essential can easily work for formal functions as well. This navy blue floor-length number makes a statement with its bright pink blooms, pleated bodice and halter neckline.
3) WAYF Ruffle Wrap Dress, $175: With its hot pink tone, this sleeveless V-neck design also features a wrap cut and a cool asymmetrical hemline. The slightly sheer skirt and waist-cinching tie belt finish off the airy silhouette.
4) BB Dakota Katie Lace Midi Dress, $180: The off-shoulder neckline and mid-length hem are stylish, yet also appropriate for mingling with guests at a chic wedding. Meanwhile, the dainty lace, ballet slipper hue and flirty hemline add a summer-ready look which can also work for any upcoming parties.
5) Taylor Dresses Fit Flare Dress, $191: We are liking the soft lavender and pale pink colour palette of this flared number. With its V-neckline, splashy flowery print and wide pleated skirt, this dress is sure to stand out in any photographs from the festivities.